Prospecting and cold calling; two of the most hated terms in the sales industry. Let’s be honest, most of us will make ourselves “busy being busy” just to avoid making cold calls. Myself included. But guess what? Its a necessary evil. Really. Truly. No matter how successful you are, if you don’t spend time prospecting your pipeline will soon dwindle. Its just a part of the business.
So here’s a few tips that may help you buckle down and make prospecting a regular part of your business plan:
- Time blocking. Write it down.
PencilPEN it in. Make it a part of your daily schedule
- Call for 2 hours, handle work, call for 2 hours, handle work
- Ask a mentor what their schedule for prospecting is
- You don’t have to reinvent the wheel
- Eliminate all other distractions. Close your email. Close Facebook.
- Give yourself a quota. How many calls are you going to make before you can leave your office. And then HOLD YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE
- Stand up when you make your calls
- This automatically raises your adrenaline and gives you energy
- Don’t forget to smile
- How many “no’s” can you get?
- Make a game out of it. You know you are going to receive some no’s, so don’t stop until you’ve received X# of no’s
- Have a partner make calls at the same time
- Check in with one another after every 10 calls and compare conversations, responses and results. You’ll learn a lot
- Have your call list printed and in front of you
- There’s something thrilling about physically crossing off an item on a list
- Cross off each call after you make it
- Use colored highlighters and make a game; each color means a different response. See how many yellow you can get, how many pink etc…
- Call your warm leads first
- This will (hopefully) give you a confidence boost and get the ball rolling.
- Shut your door
- Distractions are the #1 reason you’ll quit
- Isolate yourself for an hour
- Put a sign on your door asking for no disruptions
- I’ve also seen people go sit in their car and make calls
- Whatever it takes, create the atmosphere you need to be successful
- JUST DO IT
- Tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself to just get it done.
Hope this helps your business today.
For more tips visit http://www.networkingwizblog.com