Are you familiar with the term “Sphere of Influence”? If not, here’s a quick review before we move forward: Your sphere of influence is the people closest around you that contribute to your mental, physical and financial well being. That’s not Webster’s definition but for the sake of this post, that’s the version we are using.
So today, I want to remind you that you should ALWAYS BE NETWORKING and growing your Sphere of Influence. What does this mean?
- Networking does not only mean when you are at a “networking event”
- Networking means anytime you are around human beings 😉
- Entertain casual conversations with the parents at your son’s soccer games
- Get to personally know the ladies in your book club
- How about the young gal that always helps you at the bank, does she need a home?
- Chat up your workout buddies at the gym
- Build a relationship with the caddy at your favorite golf course
- How well do you know the gentlemen in your bible study?
My point is, that everyone around you is, and can be, a great referral source. So don’t forget to always be networking with them and growing your sphere of influence. HOWEVER, be cautious and don’t be that annoying guy at the BBQ that comes in flashing his business cards around and selling used cars…Be the guy flipping burgers and handing out cold beers and chatting people up. They will open up to you, I promise.